Once the application part is over you can go to the next step of checking the status of your application.
- Give 8 to 10 days for the admissions department to process the application. Don’t wait too long for the call from University. At times Universities are quite busy correspond you. Please send status emails from your side.
- There are two ways to verify the status of the application. Most of the universities provide the facility to check the status of the application online.
- For some universities you will have to mail to the admissions department or call the International graduate admissions office for status update.
- Never write lengthy mails and always make sure the pitch is friendly in nature.
- First, University will acknowledge that it has received Application packet of the student.
- Initial Processing will kick off. The communication part with University will commence. Students will do the Online Status check and in case if didn’t get any they start the follow-up.
- Students will receive GRE & TOEFL Scores from ETS and do initial Evaluation.
- Application file is forwarded from admissions office to concerned Department (only when student meets all score requirements).
- In Departmental Review they will mainly look at Resume, Academic scores, and Statement of Purpose.
- Decision Made and notified to students.
FAX the form to admissions department or mail the soft copy to University or post the missing documents.
Way to approach for an assistantship:
Mail all the professors in the department about your research interests and also send them a well-drafted resume that can mirrors your achievements and interests. This will indicate them that you are looking for an assistantship under their guidance.